- Printed Tapestry, Black/White $29
- Printed Tapestry, Blue/Green $29
- Printed Tapestry, Gold/White $29
- Printed Tapestry, Purple/Red $29 Sale $19.99
- Printed Tapestries, Purple/Pink $49 Sale $34.99
- Printed Tapestries, Navy/Purple $49 Sale $24.99
- Mandala Tapestry, Gold/Gray $39 Sale $24.99
- Paisley Tapestry, Gray/Silver $29
- Mandala Tapestry, Blue/Orange $29
- Fairy Light Panel $99
- Wildflower Tapestry $39
- Atlas Tapestry $39
- World Map Tapestry $39
- Moon Phases Tapestry $29 Sale $12.99
- The Emily & Meritt Faux Headboard Tapestry, Black $49 Special $35
- The Emily & Meritt Faux Headboard Tapestry, Gold $49 Special $35
- The Emily & Meritt Skull Tapestry $39 Sale $24.99
- The Emily & Meritt Super Duper Tapestry $39 Sale $14.99
- Vertical Tapestry $39 Sale $14.99
- Classic Rock Tapestry, The Doors $39 Sale $12.99
- Classic Rock Tapestry, Run DMC $39 Sale $12.99
- Classic Rock Tapestry, Ramones Bowery $59 Sale $19.99
- Classic Rock Tapestry, Ramones $39 Sale $12.99
- HARRY POTTER™ Pennant $24.50 Special $19
- HARRY POTTER™ HOGWARTS™ Crest Scroll $49 Sale $34.99
How To Choose A Dorm Tapestry
Tapestries make beautiful wall art in dorms and bedrooms. Simple fabric squares or rectangles, adorned with creative images and color washes, drape against your wall. It's the same as any art, only the texture is soft and inviting. Plus, tapestries can take the place of heavy paintings in frames or help upgrade your poster collection. Figure out which kind of tapestry will work best in your space by asking yourself a few room-relevant questions.
What Shape Is Best?
Tapestries are usually either squares or rectangles. You can find some long rectangles, too, which is perfect if you're going to use yours as a curtain instead of a wall hanging. Think about which shape is best for you and your room. A giant square helps add a feeling of dimension to a smaller wall or dorm. Updated aspect ratios, like a horizontal landscape or a vertical column shape, show your on-trend design savvy.
Where Will You Hang It?
If you have the whole wall for your tapestry, you can pretty much select whichever one you love best. If your new art is sharing space on a wall with other beloved frames or posters, measure where you'll make room for it and check against your selections online. If you already have tapestries, find a place that balances the one you already have.
Creative tapestry uses can make it easier to choose, too. Hang a tapestry behind the head of your bed, but lower than usual, so it looks like it's replacing a headboard. Fix yours up on the ceiling or from the ceiling draped toward the wall to soften a corner. The angles you choose will tell you which tapestry might look best.
What Colors Work in Your Room?
Are you obsessed with saturated hues or do you know in your heart that Millennial Pink will never die? Tapestries offer you the same range of color choices that any art might. Use your interior design instincts to select colors that work with what you already have or plan on getting. The color wheel is everyone's friend, but you can play with online color-story generators or just use your imagination and see what's out there. If you love jewel tones, a vibrant purple might be amazing. For ocean devotees, pale blues are beautiful. Don't be afraid to go in unexpected directions. Multicolor or geometric patterns are striking when styled right.
What Really Suits Your Style?
Ultimately, the tapestry you choose is going to be about your style. You can use yours to solidify the look and feel of your recent room designs or to start integrating a new look with signature pieces. Once you select a tapestry, move it around your room now and then for an updated style that's still all yours.
The beautiful thing about decorating with tapestries is that they're lightweight and easy to move. As you develop a sense of style for your room, the tapestries you choose will reflect your evolving design loves.