Duvet Inserts for Teens
- Micromax Duvet Insert $159 – $179
- Quallowarm Duvet Insert $99 – $149
- HydroCool Duvet Insert $129 – $169
- Sleepsmart 37.5 Duvet Insert $199 – $229
- Organic Duvet Insert $159 – $229
- Classic Down Duvet Insert $189 – $249
- Premium Down Duvet Insert $199 – $269
- PBteen Essential Duvet Insert $79 – $109
- Ultra Comforter Protector $59 – $79 Sale $38.99 – $46.99
- Sleepsmart 37.5 Mattress Pad $149 – $179 Special $143 – $149
- Memory Fiber Mattress Pad $99 – $149 Special $99 – $119
- Feather Bed $129 Special $103
- HydroCool Mattress Pad $79 – $99 Special $63 – $89
- Organic Mattress Pad $69 – $89 Special $55 – $89
- Mattress Protector $59 Special $47
- Organic Naturepedic® Mattress $899 – $1,299
- Classic Mattress Pad $59 – $79 Special $47 – $69
- Essential Bedding Basics Bundle $94 – $218 Special $79 – $185
- HydroCool Bedding Basics Bundle $157 – $324 Special $133 – $275
- Micromax Bedding Basics Bundle $208 – $277 Special $176 – $235
- Organic Bedding Basics Bundle $198 – $396 Special $169 – $337
- Classic Bedding Basics Bundle $207 – $285 Special $175 – $242
- Premium Down Bedding Basics Bundle $258 – $387 Special $219 – $329
- Sleepsmart 37.5 Bedding Basics Bundle $278 – $566 Special $235 – $480
Duvet Insert Basics + Mattress Pads
When you’re looking for new bedding, there are plenty of possibilities – a seemingly endless number of options, in fact. But no worries, we can help you pick out just the right ensemble for your dream bedroom, right down to the details of choosing a new duvet insert and mattress pad. Take the guesswork out of this process with our great selections at PBteen.
Let’s start with your mattress. Your mattress is the foundation of the entire room. Everything else is built upon it and around it, so look at your twin-, full- or queen-size mattress and get ready to match your mattress pad and duvet insert.
First and foremost, always be sure to purchase mattress pads of the same size as the mattress. If you have a twin-sized mattress, get a twin-sized mattress pad. In fact, make sure your sheets, duvet and mattress pad are the same size as your bed.
As far as mattress pads are concerned, they are not all created equal. If you want your bed to be ultra comfortable, start from the mattress and work your way up. Think soft, naturally, and made of pure cotton. A memory foam topper provides a more customized fit as it forms to your shape. There are even mattress pads that absorb moisture and provide a cooling effect. Organic is always a good way to go, but look for certified GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standards). This meets the gold standard of textile production and exceeds the organic fiber requirements. It doesn’t have any restricted chemicals and it meets strict social responsibility standards. Also, look for Oeko-Tex Certified, which guarantees that the material has been processed without any harmful chemicals or dyes.
Now that you have your mattress pad properly fitted on your bed – and you’re already feeling pretty comfy – get those sheets on there and get ready to pick out a duvet or comforter. You might be wondering what the difference is between a comforter and a duvet. Well, they serve the same purpose, it’s just that they are built a bit differently. Here’s the difference.
A comforter has some fill (like a down, polyester, wool or feather fill) with a cover already on it. A duvet insert is the fill, then you add a duvet cover. Here are some duvet insert basics: it’s pretty simple. Just put the duvet insert inside the duvet cover. It all depends on what you like and what selection you have to pick from. For instance, if you find a great duvet cover that you absolutely love, all you would need to do is find the proper duvet insert and put it inside the duvet cover. Presto, you have your stylish and comfy bed cover. And the bonus is the cover removes for easy washing, and you can change your duvet cover to a totally different one whenever you want to.
You could actually pick from a variety of items to cover up with – a blanket, a quilt, a bed-in-a-bag (which takes out all the guesswork and provides everything you need in one convenient package) or a duvet. Again, the right size is essential and you’ll want something that has the proper fill for your personal comfort level and the weather where you live. Different fills make the duvet warmer or cooler, so be sure to take that into consideration. A down-filled duvet is going to be nice and warm. If you’re looking for something cooler, try a higher fill power, which makes it lighter and fluffier. The great thing is, you can change your duvet insert when the weather changes, but keep the same duvet cover all year round, if you wish.
There you go. Your bed is complete. Now throw a few decorative pillows on top – like sprinkles on an ice-cream sundae – and stand back to admire your work. You’re building a better bedroom.