Dorm Towels & Bath Mats
- Everyday Essential Towels $5.50 – $34.50 Special $5.50 – $29.50
- PBteen Classic Organic Bath Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Sale $6.99 – $45.50
- Organic Cotton TENCEL® Cloud Towels $8.50 Sale $4.99
- Sunburst Stamp Towels $6.50 – $39.50 Special $6.50 – $34.50
- Bamboo Carved Rib Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Special $8.50 – $45.50
- Marled Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Sale $3.99 – $45.50
- The Emily + Meritt Chambray Towel Set $49.50 Sale $24.99
- The Emily & Meritt Circus Stripe Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Special $8.50 – $45.50
- The Emily & Meritt Heart Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Special $8.50 – $45.50
- Ikat Dot Jacquard Towels $6.50 – $39.50 Sale $3.99 – $23.99
- Color Block Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Sale $4.99 – $45.50
- Pop Dot Bath Towels $9.50 Sale $4.99
- Hydrocotton Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Sale $4.99 – $34.50
- Relaxed Stripe Wash Towel $8.50 Sale $4.99
- Hydrocotton Bath Towels $8.50 – $49.50 Sale $4.99 – $34.50
- Bamboo Carved Ribbed Bath Mat $39
- Bamboo Carved Ribbed Bath Mat $39
- Pom-Pom Bath Mat $29.50 Sale $14.99 – $29.50
- Color Block Bath Mat $29.50
- Essential Bath Mat $19
How To Choose Towels for College
Choosing new items for college is always fun, but choosing towels can get personal. Whatever you select is going to touch your skin every day. Plus, new towel technology means you have choices you didn't have before. Take a few minutes to figure out stuff like cotton vs. hydro cotton or which stay-true colors can handle brushing up against your beauty routine. When you hit the showers, you'll be glad this guide showed you the way.
Sets and Sizes
Towels come in a few standard sizes so if you decide to mix and match colors or patterns, you can still stay organized by towel type. A basic towel set consists of a washcloth, a hand towel and a bath towel:
- Washcloths are 12" square.
- Hand towels are 20" W x 30" L.
- Bath towels are 28" W x 55" L.
- Light towels are 300-400 grams. These are great for the gym.
- Medium towels are 400-600 grams. These are perfect for the bath.
- Heavy towels are 600-900 grams. These are great for bath or spa, but they dry slowly.
- Organic cotton is often softer and is grown without harsh chemicals.
- Turkish cotton is renowned for its softness and absorbency, thanks to long fibers.
- Hydrocotton is a weave of thousands of untwisted loops for ultimate absorbency.
- Bamboo towels may include new-tech fabrics that are super-soft and safe on skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide-resistant towels overcome the usual bleaching to reduce fading in the laundry or when coloring hair.
- Anti-microbial fabric is perfect for dorm environments where clean towels are crucial.
Use washcloths for gently exfoliating your face and body when you suds up. Hand towels are for drying off after washing your hands or face. Stock up on these if you expect lots of guests, too. Bath towels are the big, soft towels you wrap around yourself after your shower.
Look to your towel's weight to suss out its fluffiness. Towel descriptions will include a weight in grams. Higher weights mean denser towel fibers and a fluffier, more luxurious feel.
If you want to balance luxury with dry time, look for towels at the higher end of the medium range. For a plush feel in a lighter towel, seek out performance fabrics that are dry when you need them.
Cotton and More
Most towels are made of cotton. Cotton is soft, holds color well, stands up to lots of washing and, when combed or ringspun for towels, absorbs a lot of water without getting soggy.
You can't go wrong choosing cotton--but you have advanced choices from there:
Performance fabrics may include cotton blends or no cotton at all, but they are still plush and absorbent. If you demand a little more from your towel, look for these bonus features:
Towels are a classic for monogramming. When you're heading off to college, a monogram is a perfect way to label your towel and prevent any mix-ups, especially if you love popular solid colors. Keep in mind most people take the tags off towels once they use them, so a monogram identifies you as the one with the ultimate towel-shopping skills.