Dorm Storage Bins & Baskets
- Closet Sweater Bins With Lid $22 – $40
- Closet Sweater Bins $19 – $35
- Solid Canvas Bins $14.99 – $99 Sale $12.99 – $96
- Solid Canvas Bins, White Trim $20.50 – $99 Sale $9.99 – $99
- Store-it Canvas Bin Collection, Solid $19.50 – $49 Sale $11.99 – $45.50
- Lined Wire Baskets $19 – $49
- Store-It Canvas Bins, Colorblock $19.50 – $49.50 Sale $12.99 – $49.50
- The Emily & Meritt Glitter Storage Bins $24.50 – $49 Special $24.50 – $45.50
- Natural Knit Bins, Set of 3 $59.50
- Front-Opening Storage Stand $49
- 2-Tier Wide Floor Storage $69
- Ready-to-Roll Storage Cart $119 – $149 Sale $78.99 – $149
- Drawer Organizer With Compartments $12
- Drawer Organizer $19
- Underbed See-Thru Organizer $14 – $19
- Bed Risers, Set of 4 $18
- Ultimate Bedside Storage $29
- Ultimate Footboard Storage $39
- Ultimate Bedside Storage Set $68 Special $59
- XL Ultimate Bedside Storage $39
- Chair Back Storage $24
- Supercool Fridge Cart $149 Sale $94.99 – $149
- Trellis Tiered Storage $99 – $149
- Urban Multi Use Stand $119
- Wire Beauty Cart $99
- Get-Ready Stand $149
- The Emily & Meritt Scallop Beauty Cart $229
- Locking Security Box $99
- Kikkerland Book Boxes $10 – $15
- Northfield Catchalls $19
- Umbra® Colonnade Can $10
- Umbra® Woodrow Can $20
- Umbra® Skinny Can $7
- Duffle Hamper with Crossbody Strap $39
- Simple Pop Up Hamper $29
- Laundry Sling Bag $39
- Duffle Hamper With Crossbody Strap, Diamond Dot $39
- Easy Carry Laundry Bag $49 Sale $39.99 – $49
- Wheeled Hamper With Lid $49
- Butterfly Hamper $49
- Divided Butterfly Hamper $59
- Collapse And Carry Hamper $39
- Store-It Canvas Floor Standing Catchall, Natural Colorblock $49.50
- Wall Leaning Storage Rack With Hamper $99
How to Use Baskets and Bins to Organize Your Dorm
As a new arrival on a college campus, you'll have a ton of ground to cover and adjusting to do. Ask any upperclassman and they'll be the first to admit that, while college life is amazing, it often feels like you'll never have enough space in your dorm. For this reason, settling into your new dorm comes down to getting creative with the organizational tools at your disposal. Take a look at some of these dorm essentials that'll make your life exponentially easier.
Storage Bins for Your Dorm
The first secret to maximizing your dorm's storage potential is to develop an eye for the hidden and concealed areas you can use to tuck away a storage bin. Closet shelves are often built so high off the floor that you'd lose precious room to organize your stuff. With appropriately-sized storage bins, you can sort your belongings using any tidy system you want and simply slide them back when you're done.
Another piece of prime real estate is the space under your bed. Instead of sweeping your clutter out of sight or, worse yet, keeping it unoccupied, use the extra room for spacious storage bins that can keep anything from your clean, folded bedding to bulkier wardrobe items that aren't frequently in your rotation.
Tabletop Baskets, Drawer Organizers and Storage Solutions
Combine practical usage with visual appeal when you organize your desk. Baskets are lightweight and versatile, appropriate for both the top of your table as well as drawers. You can use them to store your notebooks, stationery, or assorted writing utensils. Many baskets and bins are also stackable for your convenience.
If your dorm already comes with a desk, make the most of the drawers by using drawer organizers. They can turn even a limited amount of drawers into sufficient space for you to tackle arranging your study tools and classroom supplies in style.
Bedside and Chair Back Storage
You'd be surprised at how handy it is to hang storage kits and sets off the side of your bed or from the back of your chair are. Excellent for keeping your shoes, notebooks and tablets within arm's reach but also safely tucked away, these storage accessories are invaluable space-savers.
When it comes to outfitting your dorm for maximum organizational and storage potential, the number one tip to keep in mind is that you should work with your dorm's existing structure. Built-in bookshelves, closet spaces and study desks might seem restrictive at first but they are a building block for you to customize with clever and efficient storage solutions.